03 February 2011

On the trail of The Da Vinci Code


Temple church



When going on my journey to England and France, there were several places I wanted to visit.  The locations appeared in Dan Brown’s book The Da Vinci Code. I did not visit them all, although the ones I found satisfied me. I had seen the movie and read the book twice, so I could remember what places to visit.

The first location that I visited was Westminster Abbey, near big Ben. I never went inside as time was limited, but stood outside and went onto my next location. The second location was Temple Church, which was not easy to find as it was located in Temple square. I found I was actually wandering around in circles until I found the church. At the time it was closed to the public. The area was closed it and narrow, some of the streets were paved.

The third location was located in Paris. The Louvre and Mona Lisa were the two that I wanted to view in person. The Louvre and the pyramids caught my attention and this happens to be one of the entrances. I had a pass so was able to use another entrance, which meant quicker access. The walk to The Mona Lisa was longer than I thought it was as the area was huge. There was signs pointing to where the painting is located and she was smaller than expected. In front of the painting was a crowd at least four deep viewing the painting. The other painting mentioned in the book, I could not find unless I was expecting something different or spectacular. The building itself is worth the visit, especially the architecture inside. 

Both Paris and London are locations which should be visited more than once due to the size of both cities. There are numerous historic locations and museums for the traveller to visit.

Mona Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment